Welcome! We hope you will find this site both interesting and informative as you explore the ongoing research in our group. Our goal is to do exciting and innovative chemistry while having a little fun in the process!
Our main research interests lie in the application of N-Heterocyclic Carbenes (NHCs) and related Molecules in Main Group Element and Transition Metal Chemistry, which currently comprises
- Reactivity of NHCs and related molecules with main group element hydrides and organyls 
- Ring expansion reactions of NHCs and related molecules 
- Synthesis and reactivity of transition metal complexes (mainly group 8 – 12 metals), which are stabilized with NHC ligands and related molecules 
- Element element bond activation reactions using these complexes 
- Use of these complexes in material science and catalysis, with a certain emphasis on catalytic C-F bond activation reactions 
See for example:
 (a) H. Schneider, D. Schmidt, U. Radius, Chem Commun.2015, 51, 10138–10141. (b) H. Schneider, D. Schmidt, U. Radius, Chem. Eur. J.2015, 21, 2793-2797.
 (a) D. Schmidt, J. H. J. Berthel, S. Pietsch, U. Radius, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.2012, 51, 8881–8885. (b) P. Hemberger, A. Bodi, J. H. J. Berthel, U. Radius, Chem. Eur. J.2015, 21, 1434–1438. (c) S. Pietsch, U. Paul, I. A. Cade, M. J. Ingleson, Udo Radius, T. B. Marder, Chem Eur. J.2015, 21, 9018–9021.
 (a) T. Schaub, U. Radius, Chem. Eur. J.2005, 11, 5024-5030. (b) F. Hering, J. Nitsch, U. Paul, A. Steffen, F. M. Bickelhaupt, U. Radius, Chem. Sci.2015, 6, 1426–1432.
 (a) T. Schaub, P. Fischer, A. Steffen, T. Braun, U. Radius, A. Mix, J. Am. Chem. Soc.2008, 130, 9304–9317. (b) B. Zarzycki, F. M. Bickelhaupt, U. Radius, Dalton Trans.2013, 42, 7468–7481.
 (a) T. Schaub, M. Backes, U. Radius, J. Am. Chem. Soc.2006, 128, 15964-15965. (b) P. Fischer, K. Götz, A. Eichhorn, U. Radius, Organometallics2012, 31, 1374-1383. (c) D. Schmidt, T. Zell,T. Schaub,U. Radius, Dalton Trans.2014, 43, 10816-10827.